Here’s some of our tips & guide on how to get free Doha City Tour from Qatar Airways. You can join this free city tour when transit in Hamad International airport in Doha, Qatar.
Transit in Hamad International Airport – Doha, Qatar
Aside from being a transit airport, apparently in Hamad International Airport is available Free Doha City Tour from Qatar Airways! Sponsored by Qatar Airways and Qatar Tourism Authority. Woow, facilities that are very profitable for flashpacker tourists like us. Understandably costs in Middle Eastern countries around the Persian Gulf is famous for expensive, not to mention the cost of visa for entry into the state of Qatar. All fees are FREE, there is no cost a dime if we follow this tour, even for visa! We don’t have to pay for anything.
TIPS & GUIDE: HOW TO GET FREE DOHA CITY TOUR
Here few tips & guide from us. The best way so that you can enter into quota limited to 20 people per tour departure:
- Early in the morning when the plane landed in Doha approached at 6 am, we immediately sped half ran to the counter free tour of Qatar Airways. The location counter is in front of the yellow Teddy Bear at the center of the gate boarding Qatar, which is exactly in front of the left escalator around duty free. But do not be the benchmark, due to counter of this free Doha city tour sometimes move. I read on TripAdvisor they had also placed behind the Teddy Bear. To be sure the place will not be far from the location of this big yellow Teddy Bear.
- Once the counter was discovered by one of our traveling friends, we immediately pass our passports to queue. Only limited for 20 people if I’m not mistaken, and adrift from 2-3 people only after us, finally quota for this morning is over. Lucky enough we could enter the quota limit for the tour departure at 8 am. Because if we had to wait for the next departure hour at 10 am, the possibility of boarding time is not enough time for our 13 pm flight from Doha to Istanbul. Tour time itself is around 2.5-3 hours, with air-conditioned van and free bottled mineral water.
Tourist attractions, requirements & who can join Doha City Tour
- Places visited: we visit four key landmarks, including: The Pearl-Qatar, for the finest quality shops and restaurants. Katara Cultural Village, a center dedicated to celebrating arts and heritage. Souq Waqif, for traditional jewelery, spices and handicrafts. And the Museum of Islamic Art, for its stunning architecture and beautiful seaside park. All of this, while you wait to connect with your next flight.
- Tour time about 3 hours, so please pay attention to your flight schedule next.
- English Speaking Guide & 1 bottle of cold mineral water! Woow, already free tour, still we get mineral water, which is reportedly more expensive than the price of fuel in Doha.
- First come, first served basis. So first comes the precedence, maximum tour departure about 20 people, if I did not miscount.
- Tour applies to transit passengers with transit time of 5-12 hours in Hamad International Airport, which landed in Doha between the hours of 4 am to 7 pm (Doha time).
- You don’t need visa!
- Tours start at 8:00 am, 10:00 am, 13:00 pm & 19:30 pm. You better register & wait in the line about 2 hours before.
- You must fly with Qatar Airways.
You can read more about free Doha city tour from Qatar Airways in their website: